Friday, October 29, 2010

Pegasus is coming! Let's celebrate!

I thought it would take forever, but it's almost November, and Robin McKinley's latest is almost out. Here are three sample chapters. (Isn't the cover gorgeous?) I am very excited, but I'm hesitating just a bit on this one, because Robin has warned us about the horrible cliffhanger ending. It's not going to be one of those this-battle's-over-but-the-war-continues cliffhangers: it's a stop-in-the-middle-of-the-story cliffhanger. And she's not finished writing the second book (she promises there will be only two books), so it could be years before it comes out! What to do . . . what to do . . .

Aw, heck, I know I'm going to read Pegasus right away, there's no way I have the discipline to wait! I'll just have to suffer along with everyone else.

In celebration of Pegasus's release date (Nov 2), I'd love to get together with anyone in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver, BC) and eat baking and talk about Robin McKinley (if you've read Sunshine you'll know why the baking is necessary). (Not that baking wouldn't always be necessary!). Since Tuesday might be a difficult day to get together, I propose Saturday, Nov 6. Is there anyone else out there in Vancouver who's a big Robin McKinley fan? Let me know and we'll have a party!

2 comments:

  1. Count me in. I have to confess I've never read a Robin McKinley novel but I would definitely read a story involving Pegasus (embarrassing admission: my childhood imaginary friend was a flying horse).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! We only need three people to be eligible for the free book (Woot!), and Karen said she was into it, so we're already there! But I had a thought that I could call Kidsbooks and see if they would be interested in hosting something. If they advertised it we might get a whole party! We might need to move the date forward, in that case. I'll keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete